| || |
Happiness is one aspiration all people share. No one wants to be sad and depressed. We've all seen people who are always happy – even amidst agonizing life trials. I'm not saying happy people don't feel grief, sorrow or sadness; they just don't let it overtake their life. The following are 21 things happy people make a habit of doing:
1. Appreciate Life Be thankful that you woke up alive each morning. Develop a childlike sense of wonder towards life. Focus on the beauty of every living thing. Make the most of each day. Don't take anything for granted. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2. Choose Friends Wisely Surround yourself with happy, positive people who share your values and goals. Friends that have the same ethics as you will encourage you to achieve your dreams. They help you to feel good about yourself. They are there to lend a helping hand when needed.
3. Be Considerate Accept others for who they are as well as where they are in life. Respect them for who they are. Touch them with a kind and generous spirit. Help when you are able, without trying to change the other person. Try to brighten the day of everyone you come into contact with.
4. Learn Continuously Keep up to date with the latest news regarding your career and hobbies. Try new and daring things that has sparked your interest – such as dancing, skiing, surfing or sky-diving.
5. Creative Problem Solving Don't wallow in self-pity. As soon as you face a challenge get busy finding a solution. Don't let the set backs affect your mood, instead see each new obstacle you face as an opportunity to make a positive change. Learn to trust your gut instincts – it's almost always right.
6. Do What They Love Some statistics show that 80% of people dislike their jobs! No wonder there's so many unhappy people running around. We spend a great deal of our life working. Choose a career that you enjoy – the extra money of a job you detest isn't worth it. Make time to enjoy your hobbies and pursue special interests.
7. Enjoy Life Take the time to see the beauty around you. There's more to life than work. Take time to smell the roses, watch a sunset or sunrise with a loved one, take a walk along the seashore, hike in the woods etc. Learn to live in the present moment and cherish it. Don't live in the past or the future.
8. Laugh Don't take yourself – or life to seriously. You can find humor in just about any situation. Laugh at yourself – no one's perfect. When appropriate laugh and make light of the circumstances. (Naturally there are times that you should be serious as it would be improper to laugh.)
9. Forgive Holding a grudge will hurt no one but you. Forgive others for your own peace of mind. When you make a mistake – own up to it – learn from it – and FORGIVE yourself.
10. Gratitude Develop an attitude of gratitude. Count your blessings; All of them – even the things that seem trivial. Be grateful for your home, your work and most importantly your family and friends. Take the time to tell them that you are happy they are in your life.